Tuesday, April 7, 2009

In the twinkling of an eye


(picture taken last night at dusk)

When I was young and I first saw this sort of imagery in the sky....I thought this was the way the Lord was going to come back for us :) The sky is full of clouds but right there.....an opening with the sun rays poking through....that must be what the rapture is going to look like! :) I was quite young I remember, but EVERY time I see this, I think back to those thoughts as a child. I really don't think it is much longer do you???

6 comments:

  1. What a nice picture! That is what I think of too when I see images such as that. I remember having those thoughts as a child too. When you were teaching children's church Sunday morning, you missed a really good sermon about the rapture and how much we as Christians should be looking forward to it. It was a good reminder to not get so caught up in our daily lives that we forget that Christ could come back at any moment and how glorious that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just noticed when my comment posted that it is as long as your post. Watch out Alissa, I'm taking over your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...I'm a woman of few words..but it's the thought right? *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely picture you took.I too believe the Lords return is soon.We as Christians must make sure our lives are as they should be,so we can look forward to our Saviours return.What a day that will be!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful picture! From all the current events, it does appear our Lord's return is in the very near future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always imagined that Heaven was in the clouds and the rays shining down were from Heaven and God was right there. I'd always be so sad when the sky changed... I am so excited for His return! It'll be SOOOO much better than anything we've ever seen and I'm sure the whole Earth will know He's come with that trumpet blast! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete