Friday, September 30, 2011

And now life...

Things are going well! Hubby is really, really enjoying work! He didn't know how the transition was going to be back to a full-time-away-from-home job position (he was rather enjoying the freedom of self-employment) but he is really enjoying his coworkers and work environment. I'm so happy for him!!

We have dug out a bunch of our school books and are trying to get back to a full day of school. I've added our 3rd child to the mix (light work) and he is enjoying it. Actually I think he enjoys the 'cookie' reward for good work the most :) My biggest challenge is keeping the littlest one out of trouble while all the school work is going on!! She is a sneaky one :)

We are still SLOWLY unpacking and organizing. The kitchen is mostly piled up boxes right now, and the den down stairs is a storage unit instead of homeschool room. I thought the kids would like having a girls room and boys room now (they all slept in one room before) BUT they miss being with each other....how funny.

I can't post any pics yet, but once we get phone and internet here I've got plenty to post about. Our first day of school on Monday started with a friend the kids have nicknamed "Fred". A beautiful male deer was in the backyard and just stood watching us for several minutes! He has yet to return but we look for him every morning :)
I'll keep you updated..........

3 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that Hubby is enjoying his new job. I hear ya on the challenge of keeping the little ones busy while teaching. When you figure that out, let me know. :)
    We've been thinking of you and praying for a smooth transition for you. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We, too, are so glad to hear how happy Hubby is with the new job!!! Glad the kids are adjusting to their new home. It was great seeing them on the video yesterday. Hope "Fred" will come back and visit soon. I know the kids would love that!
    Keeping you all in prayer and love to all

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad to hear Ben is enjoying his job and adjusting well. I love your new friend Fred!!! What a gift!

    ReplyDelete