Monday, November 15, 2010

Helping our sons

I love posting about new curriculums I find that I LOVE! I just got Lessons in Responsibility for Boys and I've started going through it with my 5 year old. He really enjoyed his first lesson, and from looking through the table of contents and skimming through it....there are some great topics we are going to be discussing! They teach boys how to be responsible, not only to God, but to others and how to make responsible decisions on their own. He learns a verse each chapter to go along with the topic. I love the chapter about being a protector to his sister's (either older or younger!) and the chapter about being Daddy's shadow. I'm really looking forward to this one-on-one study with him. Today was learning about what it means to be responsible and how to be responsible toward God. Our verse concentrated on loving the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. Check out other materials from Pearables!

2 comments:

  1. That is an excellent book jammed full of what every mother wants her son(s) to learn and put into practice. That is another book I would love to have. I'm sure the one for daughters would be nice also. Trust you will have a great time going through it with him,then his brother later.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neato...looks like you guys will have a great window of opportunity for conversations yet ahead.Almost wish it was for girls...I have been thinking about getting that manners book you posted awhile back though .We will see where life takes us from there...always love learning about "new" resources ect..thanks for caring enough to share;)

    ReplyDelete