Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hugs

You know those days when your kids keep coming back to you for a hug throughout the day. I guess they need that 'extra' reassurance that you are there. I had a day like that yesterday with my heavenly Father. Many times I went to Him, asking for that bit of 'extra' reassurance as I wade my way through a struggle of the day. I needed and asked Him to reveal Himself to me in a special way. And then the moment comes.....and you stop and sit and cry, thanking God for the extra hug that day that you needed. I love those moments. I am humbled that God does that for me when I need it. Such a loving Father, to take the time to give me those extra hugs of encouragement. I love you Lord.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry yesterday was not in some ways a good day for you sweetheart. We do have struggles that come into our lives, many that are overwhelming. How wonderful to have our heavenly Father to go to at these times where we can lay our burdens down. To know He is interested in every area of our lives and wants to hear from us. I trust with leaving this in His hands that things are better today.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you had that intimate time with our Heavenly Father. That is a constant with me when I'm telling Him, "I love Thee, Lord", and He just seems to reaffirm His love for me. This may sound childish; but, I often ask Him to hold me close to His bosom that I can feel His heart beat. He is so real and so WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete