Monday, December 14, 2009

Nursing Theme Song

I apologize to any male readers. I will try not to talk about this subject too much :) I have had a great day today! I pumped all through the night and fed her a bottle. She was actually having difficulty with it. Many times the milk would be coming out both sides of her mouth and she would gag on occassion despite the fact that I was using a small tip. This morning I decided I was not done trying to attempt nursing. It was a rough start but I decided I would have a word of prayer before each session and I tried staying very calm. It worked! I sat there thanking God and started singing 'God is so good' while she nursed. Next session came along and I repeated with a word of prayer....and she did great! We sang again :) I have spent the day nursing my daughter and singing "God is so good'!! I'm hoping this trend will continue, but I am so thankful that the Lord allowed me such a special day with my girl.

6 comments:

  1. And I am thankful to!!!!! We are suppose to take everything to the Lord in prayer.Even the little things,(although it isn't so little to you)I'm so glad for your good day with your precious daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God - I am so happy the wee one is taking to nursing and I hope it continues - just keep on praying and singing - maybe the singing calms her down as well as yourself and it works out for both of you. I am glad you had a good day enjoying that special time with your precious daughter and will pray this continues.
    Give my love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so glad to hear you had a good day of nursing! I have been praying for you and will pray that it continues to go well. Hopefully you'll be able to put the pump away and out of sight for a few weeks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! Don't you just laugh when that happens? How many times do we not stop to take the small stuff to God because we are just busy. He cares about your little girl nursing. He answered your prayers!

    Letisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sweetheart
    I bet your hubby sings the same song
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise the Lord! I hope she will continue to nurse well for you!

    ReplyDelete