Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cake #1

Today we went to see family and also celebrated hubby's Grandma and Grandpa's 60th wedding anniversary. I was able to do the cake and enjoyed this one. It was made with fondant roses and I thought the end result was really pretty. I tried to cut out fondant letters this time but goodness.....those are very tricky!!! All in all, I was happy with the final result and am gearing up for my second cake tonight. The cakes are baked and the roses are made. Now to assemble it all and enjoy it tomorrow evening :) Here are a few pics of cake from today.



1 comment:

  1. Like I said on fb, beautiful cakes! I thought the roses were buttercream and was going to ask for a tutorial because those are awesome!!! Fondant roses are fun to make. I know they loved the cakes!

    ReplyDelete