Saturday, May 15, 2010

Our week in review

Sometimes the week flies by without posting to my blog. The days seem to be going by so quickly. This week we've been driving out to our church almost every evening to see the progress. It is so exciting to see dirt being moved and knowing we will have a new building built next month. What exciting days!!! Here are a few pics of the land behind our current church.



Then I listened to a great webseminar this week about homeschooling boys. It was done by a couple who has raised 6 boys and 2 girls. Boys do learn differently than girls! I learned some great tips.
Then we headed off for a date night on Friday. It was long overdue and we had a good time (us 3!) Baby is still nursing so much we couldn't leave her for several hours :) We had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants which was paid for with a gift card....love that!! Then we hopped on over to Sears for a quick browse since I had $36 left on a gift card from there. We ended up getting 4 pairs of kids jeans, a Sunday dress, and 5 ties for $6 out of pocket. Not bad! The jeans were on sale for $3.99 and the ties were big boy ties (not clip ons) so our son is extremely excited for Sunday to come so he can dress like Daddy!!
I also got my interview papers in the mail to become a citizen.....woohoo. I take my test next month and if I pass, I will be sworn in soon after. I need to get studying!
And finally today, we headed up to the mountains. Bad timing again on our part but we had a good time. The ride home was rainy with hail but we enjoyed our time at the waterfall and a picnic lunch. It's been a busy week but enjoyable :)








1 comment:

  1. Things are really starting to happen now with the new church.Praise God for His leading and direction in this.How thrilling it must be to watch day by day and see the progress being made.We are rejoicing with you all as you see it coming together.
    Glad you and hubby were able to enjoy an evening out together,just the three of you*smile*.I wish we had bargains up here like you do there.It just amazes me to hear about the purchases you find.
    Love the pictures of the family.Your second child is changing in his looks.It looks like everyone enjoyed the outing.It is beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete