Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

This necklace began 7 years ago with a single heart on a chain. It was the birthstone of our firstborn and my first Mother's Day. Since then, our God has graciously allowed us to add 3 more birthstones to my Mommy necklace :) This year we added the 4th! I love this necklace because it is a beautiful reminder of the years I've been given as a mother. It is something I truly cherish. We prayed earnestly for each one of them before they were conceived. I poured my heart out to God about my desire to be a mom and He has blessed me so much. I love you my beautiful children. I am so honoured God chose me to raise you.

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom. Thank you for the years you poured into me teaching, guiding, disciplining, loving me through all the difficult and trying years of childhood, and for the love, support and friendship you show through my adult years. God needed you to create and help mold me into who I am today. I am blessed to have you in my life.
Happy Mother's Day to my Mom-in-law. God gave me another loving example of motherhood in you. You have such a beautiful, loving spirit about you. I am blessed to have you in my life.

3 comments:

  1. That is a very beautiful,special keepsake. And as you said ,a reminder of your four beautiful blessings from God that fill your life with great joy.
    Thank you for your love and kind words sweetheart.I to,am so very blessed and thankful to have you in my life.
    I thank the Lord for giving you a wonderful "Mom" down there who supports and loves you as if you were her own.She does have a beautiful loving spirit.
    I'm glad you had a happy "Mothers Day."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet and precious, Alissa!!! Thanks for your kind words! I feel so humbled by them. I have been so blessed to have you in my life, too! You definitely have made hubby's life happy and complete. We thank you for that! Your four blessings from God are also such special and wonderful blessings to us as well!!! I wanted to thank my dear friend, Sharron, too, for her sweet remarks. We have been so blessed to have your parents as such wonderful friends!!! Just wished they could be closer so we could fellowship more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alissa,thank you so much for my card and gift.It arrived today.You do good work.It looks so nice I don't want to use it and get it stained.Do you make dark coloured ones?*smile* I really appreciate you sending me a sample of your work.You just keep amazing me with all the talent you possess.

    ReplyDelete