Thursday, June 3, 2010

All on her own

Today I had our daughter bake cupcakes all on her own (no help at all!). I stood back and watched (and only piped in when it got to putting the batter into the paper cups....she was a little too free with the arms and spreading batter everywhere!)

reading her instructions and gathering ingredients

measuring out water and oil

adding the eggs

ooppss...forgot the dry mix!

mixing it up

rechecking the directions

pouring it into cups

into the oven

she was so excited when she was done and hugged and thanked me. I realized I have not been getting her involved enough in the aspects of home. I'm enjoying the new blog about Raising Godly Homemakers and that is one thing I pray our daughters grow up to be!!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go sweetheart!!!!! I am just so proud of our big girl.To bad we couldn't have seen the end result.Wonderful to see her involved in baking.Way to go Mom!!!!!I'm enjoying the new blog to.Did you comment to win those books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say how much I love the picture of her rechecking the directions.Her face ....so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Kailey !! What kind of frosting did you put on the cupcakes. It looks like you did a great job all by yourself. I wish I could have seen the finished product. Did you know some married ladies still do not know how to make cupcakes? YOU GO GIRL !!!! :)

    ReplyDelete