Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sewing

She is now learning how to sew! We are starting with something simple....a pillow. She wants her first pillow to be for her brother "because he was just so nice to me today!" We went to the store and let brother pick out his fabric of choice....of course it was dinosaurs! She measured her material, marked and cut, marked the edges as a guide to hand sew, threaded her needle, and I showed her the first few stitches and off she went.....
So far she says it's lots of fun! There have been some tangles and redo's along the way but I'm glad she is having fun with it and learning! She can't wait to use the sewing machine, but I told her she needed to learn to hand sew first. Today she says "I'm learning what Mommy's do!" I'm glad I can teach you my babe :)





2 comments:

  1. What sweet kids!!! He was nice to her and she was nice in return. I'm thinking this pillow is for the four year old? Is he still into dinosaurs? She looks like she is having fun. Way to go Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful!!! She is turning into a little homemaker for sure with the cooking and sewing. I loved the pictures showing her progress with sewing the pillow. That was so sweet that she wanted to make one for her brother who was kind to her. :)

    BTW- while I'm thinking of it- I e-mailed the church blog site to the daughter of the Pastor who started our church. She just raved about it and was so happy that she'll be able to watch the progress from afar. That site will definitely be a blessing to a lot of people. Thanks for all the time you spent getting it together and keeping up with it!

    ReplyDelete