Saturday, September 15, 2012

Birthday boy and more

Today is our boy's 5th birthday!  We are going to have a 'whale' of a time tonight.....since he wanted a whale cake this year.  (Hope to post pics later)  I will be so glad when we finally move and unpack all my cake supplies!  I'm itching to do a big cake again!!  We spent the most part of our day at the Creation Museum and our boy got to pick out a present there.....of course he got a stuffed dinosaur *grin*.  I was also able to pick up the brand new American History curriculum that just came out by Debbie Lawrence "America from the beginning".  It is all biblically based with verses and God's hand woven all throughout the pages of history we will be learning.  Oh, and did I mention the curriculum costs $60 but with hubby's staff discount I paid $19.99!!!!!!!!   Have I said how much I love hubby's job *big grin*
In other news, all the kids but 1 (so far) have a cold.  We've been drinking the elderberry syrup hoping to nip it in the bud.  I've also got a new project going.  We are making lip balm from scratch!  The first batch turned out quite nice (peppermint this time round) made from beeswax, coconut oil, jojoba oil and vitamin E.  It made 10 tubes.  Next batch I'm going to try the sweet almond oil and lanolin.  I'll be trying out several recipes to find which one I like best.  Then we'll be experimenting with the many yummy flavors out there!!  It may be something we will look into selling.
5 years old



































Well....off to decorate a cake!

5 comments:

  1. "HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY" to our little guy. I'm sure you had a great time at the museum today,and a free gift too. I can hardly wait to see your cake because Mommy always does a wonderful job on her cakes. So it sounds like you are having a "whale" of a time for your birthday sweetheart. "I love you so much."
    I too can't wait to you are once again turning out those fabulous cakes of yours!!! Love the pictures.
    Love Grandma/Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the gift was from Mommy and Daddy...wish it was free :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad our boy had a very happy birthday! So good to talk with him on his birthday! Love the pictures of him. He is one handsome young man!! You did great with the cake as always!

    Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also meant to comment on your new project of making lip balm. That sounds very interesting. I hope it works out well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very interesting that the last postings by you,your sister and your sister-in-law are all birthday ones. Funny!!!!!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete