Thursday, January 8, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

The past several days have consisted of me sitting at the computer and printer preparing for our next school year. I have to say I'm getting exhausted! We are down to 10 more days of our current school year....yeah!! I'm trying to get about 13 weeks worth of schooling ready to go for our next grade level. I'm going to be ready for a break myself :)
We had a very sweet moment today after our daughter finished up her schoolwork. I was exhausted and went to take a nap (hubby was able to work from home today....another 'yeah!'). Our youngest who is still struggling with this horrible illness did not sleep well through the night...thus mommy didn't sleep well either. Anyway, while I was dozing our daughter tutored her brother on his alphabet using the flashcards and had him write out his alphabet on paper. Yes! Yes! Yes! That gets me so excited. Mentoring, building loving character, a concern for the development of her siblings, all advantages of a homeschooling environment. Made my day!
One quick side note....I'm trying to figure out how to embed our beautiful spokesperson so she only shows up once per visit. I hope it's not getting annoying! Let me know

2 comments:

  1. I love your little spokesperson!! Neat that Ben could do it!! Good job on finishing the school year!!! Amazing to see your oldest mentoring like that!!! What a treasure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alissa,
    I for one love seeing Kailey over and over. It isn't bothersome at all.She does it so well. How nice to see her take the opportunity to put her knowledge to use and teach, or go over that work with Kyle.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete