Saturday, January 31, 2009

Buttercream roses!

After about one hour and a half of practice, practice, practice.....I think I have gotten fairly good at making roses from buttercream icing. It was so frustrating in the beginning but I found it got a whole lot easier as the icing got to room temperature. It was much smoother to work with and I am now having a ball making these roses!!! I have a cake to make in a few days and I can't wait to see the finished product. I'll be sure to post it. Here's a quick video of me making a rose :)

5 comments:

  1. looks good!!! I especially love all the background noise. :) Can't wait to see the finished cake and I know he will appreciate it. Lots of love goes into cake decorating! :) oh what a cool name... lots of love cakes? yeah or nay? Actually I love back home cakes or cakes with love... what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all the names! This cake is for Ben's mom's birthday. I'm really hoping it turns out good. I am a little worried about the whole smoothing-the-icing process. Looks like it takes a lot of work but I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alissa,
    I really like the video.You make it look so easy. I remember trying to make roses on cakes I made when you were little.They never turned out,but yours looks great.I think we are going to need a cake baked while we are down. HA HA!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will definitely have to bake and cake and we can make some roses together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Alissa! That is so neat! I'm sure if I tried it just wouldn't work, though. I think it takes special skills which you definitely have!!! Also, I feel so honored!!! Thanks in advance for all you're putting into it. It sounds like it's a lot of hard work. I'm anxious to see the finished product, too! :)

    ReplyDelete