Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm posting :)

Blogging these days are few are far between huh!! Four kiddos are keeping me busy :) Everyone is doing well and we are soon going to get back into the 'school' groove. I had planned on taking a few months break but the kids seem very bored and are anxious to start again. I need to get a few subjects all set up so within a week or two we should start our new year. We have a new school room. I hope to post pictures soon. We've moved all the kids into one bedroom and the other bedroom is our playroom/schoolroom. I love how it is coming together and how everything is close by (not scattered here and there throughout the house in different drawers!) We still need to get a little kids table & chairs and get my desk area set up. My goals this year are to really start concentrating on bible studies and character studies. I feel up to this point I have been very academic motivated and it is seen in the kids work....our soon to be 7 year old is already half way through grade 3 math and our 4 year old is on his way to starting grade 1. Even though we integrate the Bible into our different studies, I really feel like I lacked in teaching them biblical truths and working on their heart attitudes. I want to be very Christ-centered this year and not so academically motivated. I also need to remember to be flexible!!! With a new baby, I highly doubt we are going to be able to stick to our schedule 100%. But, I think we are all looking forward to this year and I pray it is a great year for us!!!
We are also going to be celebrating a birthday tomorrow. Her party isn't until Friday but boy is it hard to believe she will be turning 7!!! Where has the time gone. Our theme this year.....princess castle :)

2 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait to see the cake!!!!!You will do a fantastic job as usual.We will call her tomorrow late afternoon or evening.
    I'm glad to hear everybody is doing well.That must mean all the colds are over with.Mine should be gone soon as well.I'm anxious to see pictures of the new school room.I to am excited about your character study this year.I would love to get all those myself.I so enjoyed our talk /discussion on homeschooling and material.We here are back in school and he talks about being in kindergarten now not pre-school.But of course we have some loose ends to get done.He is so good at sounding out words.He is learning his tenth memory verse this week,I'm glad it is a short one.To make it easier yesterday( to refresh the verses after the holidays),I offered him a cashew after every verse he got right.He got them all!!!We are starting a study on farms.He is enjoying it so far.
    I miss you all so much.Our visit was way too short and busy.But I'm so thankful for the time shared with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very special Happy Birthday to our Big Girl!!! Where have 7 years gone?! I'm anxious to see the cake, too. I know it will be great! We're praying you all have a great year, too!

    ReplyDelete