Monday, July 26, 2010

chop chop

So I figured since I was born from a hairdresser, I should possess some hairdressing skills right? As I have said time and time again, our daughter longs for long hair but it is sooooo thin, it breaks easy and looks awful as it gets longer. I have cut it several times and even tried a bit of layering in the past but this time......I was going all out and just going to go for it!!! I am going to completely layer her hair and get rid of all these broken and awful looking ends. So I start cutting.
After the first cut my initial thought was "what in the world are you doing! Who are you kidding!!". Can't stop now though. So I keep cutting....
My daughter continues to have a smile on her face and I smile back -all the while worrying if I have just done something awful! We finish and she is excited for Daddy to come home and show off her new do. I keep my fingers crossed hoping Daddy isn't too shocked *smile*.
Her hair feels so soft now....and bouncy! She keeps running her fingers through her hair (or what's left anyway) I have to say that it doesn't look like a total disaster. Maybe I did inherit a little of my mom's hairdressing blood :)





2 comments:

  1. So you think hairdressing skills can be inherited huh!!! Well I'm not too sure about that. But seeing how you sew,bake and decorate cakes,crochet,make cute little stuffed animals,cut your families hair,blog,home school,play piano,organ,violin,sing....... um,have I left anything out? Oh yes,your a great mom(and I'm sure hubby would say great wife.)So...with that all said,why wouldn't you do a great job trying a harder haircut with no experience.*smile* Honestly,it looks good from what I can tell. It looks very cute on her.Makes her look older.I like the way it contours her head. What does the side look like without the barrette? Not liking the barrette if you don't mind me saying. I love the pictures. Good job as usual sweetheart. Maybe there is something in the blood.*smile*
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand! My mother is not a hairdresser and she never cut my hair. I honestly have a love for cutting hair. It is so fun to comb and cut! I could just keep going! I tried layers in our oldest and thought Oh great! What did I just do! It ended up being fine and her hair grows quickly!

    You did a fine job. With time, and testing (sorry for our daughters) you will be a fine hair cutter and stylist! :) She looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete