Saturday, July 17, 2010

Car seats


I found this very interesting! I went and weighed my soon to be 3 year old and he is only 28 lbs. We have turned his current seat back to rear-facing. Yes, his little legs are going to be cramped (the video shows the child's legs bent like an upside down V)...it will be interesting to manuever especially since our son has been used to leg room infront of him, but I see the danger of keeping him forward at this point. Tell me your thoughts. I'll post a picture of our boy later.

3 comments:

  1. That is horrifying.I would hate the thoughts of that happening to any child. Glad to hear your making the change. You just don't know do you, but the possibility is there. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about the safety of keeping them rear facing back when our third was turning a year old. From then on I keep them rear facing until the max (weight or heigth) of the car seat. It amazes me that they don't push it more and more parents know! Everyone is excited when their child turns a year and goes forward facing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was awesome and so sad that it is not BROADCAST/TOLD to everyone!! Thanks for the information-I will tell Justin and Colleen. I am so thankful none of yours or ours have had to deal with something like this!! PRAISE the LORD!! :)

    ReplyDelete