Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Birthday

Today our boy turns 5!!! He is growing up so fast. His party is not until tomorrow but that didn't stop us from celebrating tonight. Not only does our boy like pirates (the theme for tomorrow) but he loves watching Daniel Boone and Davey Crockett. So we thought it quite appropriate to get him a coon-skin cap which he just loves! I loved the expression on his face when he saw it. I asked him the other day how Davey Crockett made his hat and he replied "he caught a raccoon, cut off its butt and put it on his head...." hahahaha I laughed so hard! He also got a watch which will help him as he learns to tell time :) We all enjoyed the store-bought spiderman cupcakes while Mommy is busy making the cake for tomorrow. This was the first 'flop' I've had. What a frustrating day to say the least. The first attempt ended up in the garbage, so I had to readjust my plan of action and the second turned out better. It wasn't exactly what I had planned but our boy loves the look so far. Just a few more details and it will be done. As always, I will post pictures tomorrow of it.....but for now here is some from tonight.





4 comments:

  1. " HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART!!!" I love your coon skin cap. The cupcakes look delicious,I can hardly wait to see your cake. I'm glad you liked your card. What a nice watch you have. It looks like you all had a fun evening from the pictures. Hope you have a wonderful day celebrating tomorrow. You are just growing so quickly.
    Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad our boy had a great birthday today and can celebrate again tomorrow! He did seem so excited about all his gifts today. All the pictures of the kids eating their cupcakes are so cute. I especially liked the picture of him in his coon-skin cap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Nephew! We look forward to celebrating with you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Kyle!!!! We love your coon cap and watch!

    Sorry your cake was a flop! Been there and done that! I am sure it will be great!

    ReplyDelete