Saturday, April 17, 2010

In my spare time

I taught myself how to crochet last weekend and these are the 2 ponchos I made during the week. My only model is a 2 1/2 yr old boy *grin* but we won't tell anyone except our blog readers...haha. The pattern is for size 1-2. I made the pink one a little bigger so it could probably fit up to a 3 year old. I could weave ribbon along the bottom, put a bow up top, add tassels (not sure how to do that without fraying happening) but I am pleased with them so far. The white one was my first attempt and I made a few boo-boos along the way, but I ironed them all out while making the pink one. I have multi-colored yarn I'm going to try next and then I hope to make some that I can sell. My next step is to do a few baby blankets and get an inventory going so I can put together a store. I eventually want to have baby sweater sets too along with the crocheted hats (with the flowers shown on a previous post below). Here is a picture of one of the headbands too. So cute!!

2 comments:

  1. The ponchos are really cute!!! I love the headband, too! Great job! I love your models, too! Glad you had a nice birthday yesterday even with the colds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son will not be pleased with you as he grows older and realizes what you did to him!

    ReplyDelete