Thursday, April 8, 2010

more about the critters

I've had a couple questions about my little critters :) I've only made the polar bear so far, but I'd like to start making the puppy, frog, sheep, panda, hedgehog, tiger, penguin, octopus and walrus. They are made out of fleece and the eyes are screw eyes which are impossible to come off vs. sewn on button eyes. I'm having a hard time coming across some of the fleece I need (tiger pattern, and sheep and panda special texture fleece). There is a snake critter that my son wants me to make very badly!! I haven't even thought of a price for them.

In other news, our baby girl got her first set of vaccines today at her 4 month checkup. I was tossing and turning all night thinking about them and praying about it. I have mixed emotions about vaccines. With all of our children, we have divided up the vaccine schedule to our liking. We have about 2 (sometimes 3) done at a time rather than the scheduled 5 or more at once! We also get the single dose vaccines (obviously not Dtap or MMR because you can't break them up) but we don't go for the combo vaccines because I believe they have the mercury in them as a perservative. So our poor sweetie has to endure 2 or 3 pokes instead of just 1 but I feel it is safer this way. So hopefully she will cope well with them.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Alissa!!!!! They all sound sooo cute.I'd love to see all of them.Are they washable?I was wondering if you could sew the eyes in?But then maybe they wouldn't look so cute.I was thinking for babies it would be softer,I don't know,it was just a thought.You did a wonderful job on the polar bear.I thought right away when I saw it,how nice they would be in gift bags for children.You know with goodies and wrapped in cellophane like fruit baskets.Anyway it is darling.
    So how is our little girl doing after her shots?I trust she will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see our boy asking for the snake critter. :) We're praying baby girl has a good night after getting the shots and will do well with them.

    ReplyDelete