Monday, February 16, 2009

Belly Button

One of the funniest Father's Day cards I got my dad when I was a kid had Snoopy on the front holding a gold button. The card read something along the lines of "I wanted to get you something different for Father's Day and found this gold button from the island of Bali..." the inside read "now you're the only dad with a gold Bali button".....I just thought it was the funniest thing ever :)
As I poke little arms through armholes and always have to turn pants around because they are put on backwards, and as I help put little toes into socks....I am always drawn to one body part. The belly button. It was my child's lifeline to me for 9 months. It was how each of my babies grew from a tiny speck into a beautiful human being! How can anyone not believe there is an almighty God??? How could 'chance' create a fully functioning being that began from something smaller than the head of a pin? Only a most powerful creator could orchestrate such a miracle. I love my children's belly button. I love knowing that God used me to create these 3 beautiful blessings!

2 comments:

  1. That's funny. A golden Bali button is right up there with your father's gifts of "silver new nothings"! I love belly buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are 3 beautiful blessings for sure!!! That is a cute picture of Kaleb!

    ReplyDelete