Friday, February 13, 2009

Jelly Roll

So this is what I've been thinking about and mulling over. I don't see anyone doing this! I'm taking cake decorating and getting creative with jelly rolls (or whatever kind of roll you can think of....so many fillings to chose from!) This was my creation tonight. I tried using angel food cake the first time instead of a regular vanilla cake and ..... way too sweet!!!!! Looked very pretty but it was not a winner :) This one had a strawberry filling...thus the strawberry decoration. Everything was done in buttercream. I'm looking forward to making my next one. I've got so many ideas. You can write a message on these as well, just like a cake, but it's something different!

4 comments:

  1. that is awesome!!!! how did you get the black on the strawberries? I have never made a jelly roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very nice Alissa! Did this one taste good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little black indents are just toothpick imprints. This was the first jelly roll...I'm hoping to make another one while the family is here to taste test :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That one is really beautiful! That is such a neat idea, too!

    ReplyDelete