Monday, February 23, 2009

..in the midst of disappointment

Those moments come often. You pray, you hope, you dream, you plan....but God chooses a different path. How do you react? All to often I choose the wrong response. It may be subtle...a grumble under my breath, a gloomy mood, a complaint. My reaction shows where my heart is. How do we get to a place where no matter what the circumstance and outcome, we rejoice? It shows me how much more I need to grow...that there are still areas where I may not be completing trusting in my heavenly Father. I'm glad my God doesn't give up on me .... I must make myself pliable so He can mold. I will always be a work-in-progress....

1 comment:

  1. Alissa,we all face disappointments.Your heavenly Father knows all the things you are praying and hoping for.His plan for our lives are often quite different than what we would like.Rest in the thought,He makes no mistakes.Just leave it in the Lords' hands,and yes rejoice in Him and praise Him for what He has done thus far.

    ReplyDelete