Thursday, February 26, 2009

Training our Daughters to be keepers at home

I've had my eye on this book for a while now and I'm hoping I can find a great deal on it sometime :) It is called Training our daughters to be keepers at home and I think it is going to be fantastic for my daughter and I to work through! It is a 7 year program with day-by-day lesson plans to teach Christian homemaking skills, designed to enable young women to enter adulthood with godly character and homemaking skills so they will be able to serve God as keepers at home whether single or married. There is emphasis on acquiring skills and information to live simply and well on one income. The lessons also cover: Godly Womanhood, Sewing, Cooking, Caring For the Sick and Injured, Childbearing & Breastfeeding, Caring for Elderly & Comforting Those Who Mourn, Making a House a Home, Family Celebrations, Gardening, Family Finances, Home Management, Braiding Rugs, Making Greeting Cards, Hospitality, Child Development, Child Training, Flower Arranging, Knitting, Crocheting, Embroidery, Cross-Stitch, Basketry, Home Business, Soapmaking & Candlemaking, and Raising Animals.
I'm getting excited about starting school up again next month. We've had a nice break but it will be good to get back into a routine again. I just hope they are going to be as excited as I am! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment