Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What do you think?

So....I've been seriously thinking lately (no comments from the peanut gallery...you know who you are *smile*). Well, I'm seriously thinking about trying to sell cakes as a side business. Who can't use the extra income right? I know we sure could. I feel as though God has given me the ability to be creative in this area and it is something I can do from home. Right now, I have no reasons to make cakes (birthdays, anniversaries, etc....) so I'm just baking and giving them away along with a questionnaire about the quality, taste, appearance etc. hoping for some good feedback. I'm also putting together an album of my cakes so I can show people who may be interested in ordering. I'm working on 2 different ones today and I'll post the one that is finished. What do you think?


9 comments:

  1. I think you can make a go of it! There's always an occasion to have cakes. You really are blessed with the talent, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to add that the "Thank You" cake was beautiful as well as the birthday cake you made for me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely in the same boat!!!! It is an easy thing to do from home and fun at the same time! I think your cakes are beautiful! have you joined cakecentral?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for it! My friend who made the burger cake and stuff has done cakes for people and is in shock what they will pay where she lives in Newmarket. The creative cakes will sell too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Letisha...yes, I've joined cakecentral and have posted 5 cakes. It was unbelieveable how many people viewed them within hours :)
    Kristin...that's my next step..figuring out prices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job Alissa! You are very creative and talented and I'm sure people would want to buy your cakes. You could advertise for free on Craigslist and post pics from your "portfolio". For pricing, you could check what Strossner's and other local bakeries charge to get some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Spectacular! For those who haven't see these cakes you are missing a lot! I'm completely amazed at how my beautiful bride can come up with such masterpieces of art on a cake. Just to see her start with the raw ingredients and make these is very amazing! Great job babe! Your proud hubby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alissa,I think your cakes are beautiful.The ones that I have seen are really great.You have the talent and creativity to do all kinds of shapes and designs.You should go ahead and make us proud.(Of course you know how proud we are of you already.) :-)

    ReplyDelete