Saturday, February 7, 2009

ideas brewing....

I tried to do a chocolate buttercream cake today and all I have to say is....aaarrgg! *smile* It was a tough one. The icing was harder to work with but easier to smooth out...go figure! I was getting a little fed up so I didn't get creative on top. I'm going to have it taste tested tomorrow so we'll see how it measures up.
Actually, as I fell asleep last night I had an idea pop in my head. This morning I remembered it again and it is quite interesting. I think the Lord may be leading me somewhere with this cake thing. I'll elaborate more as I work the details out.
Here is my cake today. I really need to practice the writing!!! That's even harder than making the roses :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks very yummy. The writing will come, and get better.Look at the writing on cakes in the stores or bakeries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is weird because I actually find the chocolate buttercream easier! I don't get it! Sorry you had a frustrating time but your cake is gorgeous!!!!!! Can't wait to hear your idea and yes awsesome that the Lord is leading you in this area. That is one thing I do not feel. Right now I am just discouraged in the cake field. I don't feel the Lord directly leading me or openings for more cakes. Oh well, my family and church love it! :)

    ReplyDelete