Sunday, May 24, 2009

Anniversary cake

I was happy the cake turned out well, but I wasn't totally happy with the final product. I guess that is more of my perfectionist side coming out. The swags on the bottom tier did not look the way I wanted it too but overall I was glad it turned out and people did say they liked it....
I actually got another cake order tonight!!!! That was exciting :) It will be for about 50 people. I thank the Lord that He is bringing orders through... I didn't know if it would really turn into anything!


Please continue to pray about the job situation. Hubby has not heard back about the second interview and so far there are no other leads at the moment. I can see the stress it is having on him, but we remind ourselves that God is in control!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Your cake looks absolutely beautiful. If it tasted half as good as it looked it must have been "DELICIOUS and OUT of this WORLD" ! What frosting and filling did you make? I also have a Red Velvet cake and a sour cream pound cake recipes that are to LIVE FOR--if you are interested I will be glad to give/e-mail these to you. We are continuing to pray for Ben and his NEW job, The Lord Willing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alissa,the cake looks great and I'm sure it was delicious.I'm thinking it was for Grandma and Grandpa right?I know it is their anniversary today.I trust they had a good day.Great,you have another order.We continue to pray about the job situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Snipes - yes, please email me the recipes. I'm always looking for new ideas. This was just a vanilla cake with vanilla pastry filling. I'm having a hard time finding nice fillings that taste good...don't run inside the cake...etc.
    Mom - This cake was for Pastor and his wife at church tonight. Their 40th anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake is so beautiful!!! You did great as always! So glad to hear that you got another cake order, too. We are praying regarding the job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake is pretty and congratulations on another order! God is providing! I understand what you mean. I actually tried that lower cake swag on a cake I did recently and was not impressed with it. Looked like it was missing something. I just figured I did it wrong or something! Anyway... I am sure they appreciated our work and it tasted delicious!

    rcsnickers

    ReplyDelete