Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm weak...be my strength

It was a miserable day. Rainy, dark, gray, cloudy......... Then the downpour! We were out driving with the wipers on high speed, not able to see but a few feet in front of you. Just a miserable day....... the storm had come.
then.....

We got the call today that hubby didn't get the job. His only prospect.....gone. What do we do now? We were talking about how easy it is for the words to come out of your mouth "Our God will provide".....but oh how much harder it is to actually feel it in your heart and soul. It's getting scary! Living on your last paycheck....
How weak I am. I can feel it and I know it. It's shameful really. I've seen God provide in the past. I've seen how He has taken care of us. I know He will....
I need God's strength. I need His peace. I need to look to the Word.......
but you know what happened by the time we got home...

the storm stopped. It was clear and sunny and beautiful outside. The storm was just for a short while, to serve its purpose for growth of the flowers, trees, grass.....
We covet your prayers while we go through our storm. Our storm for the purpose of growth.... growth that is obviously needed! God knows what He is doing.
I'm looking forward to after the storm...and how we will be able to share the goodness of our Lord! But please pray for us as we experience the not-so-nice 'growing' pains :)
It is all for His glory!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out.He has promised to meet our needs.He makes no mistakes.Keep looking up.He will see you through.Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look up "Casting Crowns, Praise You in the Storm" if you don't know it already...

    ReplyDelete