Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blessing



Hubby has never had a riding lawnmower. He has always WANTED a riding lawnmower. He really should HAVE a riding lawnmower because of his throat condition......(The more stenuous activity he does, the more inflammed his throat gets and closes up). We've just never been able to afford one so he has always used our push mower. A few weeks back, a guy hubby used to work with was getting rid of an old snapper. It needed work done to it, new parts etc, but said it should still be in good working condition. So hubby got a riding lawnmower for FREE!!! Hubby took it to a gentleman at our church who fixes lawnmowers. He asked how much parts would be, if it was worth fixing up, and sure enough....it could be brought back to life. Well, hubby then was laid off and there was no way we could affort parts and labour now.....bummer. Our God is good though!!! This gentleman wanted to buy the parts and fix it up for us FREE!!!! He was able to go and pick up today :) Thank you Lord for your goodness....
On a side note, I want to take a moment to praise hubby a bit publicly. It really is hard work for him to use the push mower to cut the grass. He always comes in the house wheezing and gasping for air because his throat closes up so much. Even through this, hubby wants to show God's love to others......we've had a neighbor who has been unable to cut grass because of a broken arm, and another neighbor who could really use the help. Without a second thought, he gets out there and cuts their lawns as well. I am so very proud of him and his love for others. I am so thankful for the man God has given me. I love you babe!

5 comments:

  1. Wow!!! How wonderful is that! I am so thankful to these men for supplying and fixing the lawnmower for Ben. Our God is so good!!! What a blessing for him. I'm thankful also for Ben in helping out his neighbours. You have a good man there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just brought tears to my eyes. I know how excited he was about getting the riding mower and it's so wonderful to see how the Lord supplied. Phil 4:19 came to mind:"But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by
    Christ Jesus". How we praise Him for His goodness!!! That sounds like Ben, too, wanting to help the neighbors. He has always had a very tender heart and he does display God's love whenever he can. Of course, his wife also displays God's love in so many ways. We're proud of both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! What a testimny in a small way to him anf a big way to the neighbor! He used his free gift for God's glory!

    rcsnickers

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was push mowing all 3 lawns...but now this free gift will make it much easier for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You both are such an inspiration to me. I do not know how you manage to do all that you do. I have been like Ben also last year, using our riding lawnmower to help others unfortunate with sickness, vacations, broken lawnmowers, etc. Even though I cannot do much God had given me strength to help others. Right now I have a torn right arm rotator cuff but I am praying I will be able to help again soon. GOD IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD TO ALL OF US!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete