Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Heat!

We've been trying to save money on the power bill by not turning on the air conditioning and just keeping the windows open. Hubby told me today, he didn't know how I was managing :) A pregnant woman and heat just don't make for a happy woman...haha. But actually I'm not doing too bad. It gets up to 90 degrees during the afternoon!! I love the little sweat moustaches on the kids though *smile*.
We called our mortgage company as well and didn't receive good news there either. Oh.....sometimes you just want to yell out 'why!!!!!!!!!!' but hubby and I are not going to go that route. We have been listening to some great messages.....all seeming to relate to our situation :) We've had some encouraging notes from friends and family, and people have shared with us their testimony as they went through trials.
One thing that keeps running through my mind is "Let go....Let God!" I feel as though when we start to get anxious and worried about our situation, we are placing the responsibility on OUR shoulders to get a job, get things moving......instead of giving it all over to God for Him to work out. When we worry, we are saying we don't believe God is in control. I don't want to fail this 'testing'....this 'growth'. I want to show the Lord and others that I have full confidence in my Heavenly Father to see us through. I know I am failing at times.....but I do want to strive to place my total faith in His leading. I have my ups and downs, but I'm hoping with each day I will have more ups!!! What a great teaching opportunity to show the kids how our God provides (keeping remembering that Alissa!!!!)
Continue to pray with us....God has something great in store for us!
Now off to get ready for church......

2 comments:

  1. We have definitely seen how you all have relied on the Lord through this situation so far and other situations you have gone through in the past. Sometimes you never know what a big encouragement you are to people, but I know that you are! We pray for the Lord to give you peace of mind and strength to wait on Him, and for "hubby" to get a job real soon.(in the Lord's timing, of course) I like that, too, "Let go...Let God"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard sometimes to LIVE the verses we know so well,when we are facing trial after trial.But you do have to give it over to the Lord,ask Him to show you what He wants to teach you through this,and wait upon Him.We continue to pray for Gods'leading and the strength needed for each day.Remember, how precious you all are to Him.

    ReplyDelete