Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Family Picture


Here is our yearly Christmas family photo. We did the best we could trying to get everyone lined up and smiling at the same time. That is a task at times but we manage to get one that looks half decent :)
I am a picture person!! I LOVE pictures, especially family photos. We usually try every 2 months or so to get a quick snapshot of all of us before we head out the door on a Sunday morning before church. I think capturing these memories are sooooo important! It can be such a struggle and sometimes frustrating to get the kids to cooperate but even when the pictures don't turn out quite right, the memories are there forever! The kids change so fast and I want to be able to share these memories with them when they get older. Our daughter loves looking through photo albums of when she was a baby. I think I'm working on her fourth or fifth album (approximately one album per year). There are pictures of her with family members that have passed away, and it is a wonderful reminder of who they were and the times she shared with them.....to recall stories and moments spent with them although they may be vague to her.
I think pictures are such a precious gift to leave for your children. It can be very inexpensive too....we usually spend 6 or 7 dollars to provide us with enough pictures to tuck away and send to family members. If you don't take pictures on a regular basis....I encourage you to do so!


1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful! I can't wait to put it in place on last years on the refrig! :) Just a note: our picture will be sent out late! We will take the picture when the whole family is together like the week before Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete