Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What is your dream?

I have so many ambitions in the back of my mind but very little time to even think about starting them. My focus right now is on what I feel is important...which is raising my children and being the best wife I can be. That in itself takes a lot of time and energy because I want to do it the best I can. Kids don't stay little forever and these are such precious times with them...plus it is my God given duty as a mother to train my children. Sure, I find a spare moment here and there for some needed "me" time but the ambitions I have floating around are quite big!
I started one ambition a few years back right before I found out I was pregnant with our second child. I have always wanted to learn to play the violin. Music has always been apart of my life....public singing started at age 6, piano lessons started at 9, becoming our church pianist and eventually learning to play the organ. I also played the flute for a few years in high school. I've always wanted to become a violinist! I think it is such a beautiful instrument and about 4 years ago we went out and bought a violin with the full intention of reaching my ambition. Well, sad to say it sits in its case in the bedroom collecting dust and is brought out a couple times a year. I am determined to take it up again and continue learning it....when I get the time!!

Another ambition I have always had since my early school years is to write a book! Either children's or adult fiction. Sometimes as I am drifting off to sleep I get an idea in my head and start dreaming it into existence....writing the script in my mind as I fall asleep. Again, good intentions but just no time right now.
It certainly doesn't help when you have a husband who has a very entrepreneurial mind about him. He comes up with ideas all the time for us to tackle and we keep them filed away....maybe one day. We have actually come up with a pretty good idea that we have started to take on recently. Maybe there will be some fruit from this one :)
What is your dream? Is there something that you've always wanted to do but just haven't gotten around to? I hope you are able to find some time to squeeze in a dream or two. I think I have something I need to dust off............

No comments:

Post a Comment