Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas everyone! A day we celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. To think that God would send his only Son to earth for us....filthy sinners, knowing that He would be put to death for our sins. For Jesus to lower himself from His throne in heaven, to become a man just to be put on the cross to save us from the wrath of God. What love!!!! How can we ever comprehend?!

"I'm sorry, I have no room"
When Joseph came to the inn that night,
he was tired, weary and worn;
And Mary, his wife, was weary too,
her child about to be born.
The innkeeper told them, "I have no room,"
and started to send them away.
"But wait" he called, "I think I can help;
though it's only a barn with some hay"
They said they'd be grateful for even a barn-
at least it was some place to stay.
Then Joseph thanked the innkeeper there
as he settled his wife in the hay.
The stars seemed to shine that first Christmas night
as they never had shone before,
And as Jesus came into the world for us,
they seemed to shine even more.
Shepherds strayed to the manger scene,
worshipping as they came.
Three wise men were led from the Orient far,
searching to do the same.
It wasn't exactly the place for a King;
why, it wasn't even the inn!
No, out in a barn, in a manger poor,
He was born, to take away sin.
The innkeeper had no room that night;
I wonder, how about you?
If Jesus asked for a place in your heart,
what do you think you would do?
For you know some day when life has passed
and you stand at the door of the inn,
The Lord may look at you sadly there
and you'll hear these words from Him:
"I have no room, I'm sorry, my friend;
I'm truly sorry to say.
"I have no room," He'll tell you once more,
then turn and send you away.
-Ann Farrell Blunt

I hope Jesus is apart of your Christmas. Do not let another year go by without Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment