Friday, December 5, 2008

NO MORE cookies!

Let me run you through my exhausting and disappointing day:

Exhibit A

I spent ALL morning mixing, flouring, cutting, baking and had 5 dozen
wonderful smelling sugar cookies in the shape of Christmas trees for the Ladies Cookie Swap I'm attending tomorrow morning. I am so excited to try out this new idea I found using royal icing. These cookies are going to look great!!!

Exhibit B
I made the royal icing per instructions and something just isn't quite right. I have to add ALOT more water than the recipe calls for in order to make the icing pourable. I proceed anyway hoping all will work out. I pour green icing over every cookie...5 dozen!! Recipe says to be quick because icing
hardens fast. I still have green goop sitting atop each cookie.... no hardening happening!



Exhibit C
I realize after much waiting that the icing was a bust so I proceed to try and wipe off the icing and salvage the cookies. HA! After about the 3rd dozen I quit and threw the rest out (I hate being wasteful!)


Exhibit D
I decorate a couple cookies for the sake of taking a few pictures to see how they would have looked if they had turned out. Would have been quite pretty!



Exhibit E
I help my daughter make her
chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.
She did great. They look great,
smell great, and are edible!
Good job sweetheart.

















Exhibit F
I proceeded to make gingerbread cookies. We finish at 7:00pm and I do not want to bake another cookie for awhile! Oh well...the house smells good!

2 comments:

  1. They do look cute! Your daughter did a good job on her cookies! I have been wanting to try royal icing as well! Sorry you had such a hard time... hope you have fun at the cookie swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry wrong account.... that was me!

    ReplyDelete