Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A New Year....

What are your plans for this coming new year? Have you been thinking about areas you want to improve upon with yourself and your family? We sure have!! There are some specific things we want to set in place for 2009 that we have been lacking in the past unfortunately. Our goal for our family has always been Joshua 24:15…as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. I have to admit that I have not always been the example I should have been for my husband and children. That is something I definitely want to improve upon this new year. Our children are soaking up the images we set before them and I have already seen behavior from them that mimics my own bad example…..that hurts tremendously. I am responsible for shaping and molding their thought process, their attitude, their actions….their desire for a heart towards God. It will be their decision whether or not they want a relationship with their Heavenly Father, but what a responsibility it is to set before them the example of loving and serving our God. Please pray for me during this new year that I will be the mother and wife God wants me to be.
We have also set a goal of growing closer together as a couple. God has blessed me tremendously with a loving, faithful, compassionate, strong husband that seeks after God. He wants to be the spiritual leader for our family that God has called him to be. We want to be a unified example of what Christ intended for a husband and wife. This can not be accomplished in our own strength…..we would fail the first day of 2009!! So many things in this world pull at spouses and cause turmoil to destroy the unity of a couple. Our desire is for God to be the head of our union and to keep us in a place of love and tenderness towards each other, to give my husband the strength and spiritual guidance he needs to be an example for our family, to give me the humility to be the supporting, submissive helpmate for him to accomplish what God has set for out for us.

We need to pray for each other!! Pray for our families, our relationships, our children, our walk with God. I hope when God brings our family to your mind that you will bring us before His throne in your prayers. I hope that each of you have a very blessed new year!

1 comment:

  1. Alissa & Ben,

    I have you in my prayers daily that God would guide you to be the godly parents He wants you to be . That you would be the example in the home you need to be for the spiritual growth of your children,our grandchildren,& that you would be the kind of Christian couple He desires you to be.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete