Monday, December 15, 2008

One of those days....

Well, unfortunately I had one of 'those' days. The kind of day you wish you could rewind and do all over again. The kind of day when you recount the ways you failed God, failed your children, failed your husband. When you ache inside and the tears flow so easily because you did not live up to being the Proverbs 31 woman you want to be. Today I was led solely by my own strength and did not stop to pause for that moment of prayer and refreshment I so needed. So here I sit, at the end of the day, taking a moment to reflect at how I should have handled situations, how things could have been different had I started my day off right, with my Bible open to what should have been my encouragement this morning. It is a lesson I have had to learn many, many times. I lost some precious memories I could have made today which where buried deep below the cloud of frustration that loomed over me. Lord, help me not to make that mistake tomorrow....."Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me. Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation." Psalm 38: 21, 22

No comments:

Post a Comment