Monday, August 9, 2010

Chicken wings

This is not a post about food :) Today we have been dealing with some heart issues with our children. Defiance and submission. I pulled out For Instruction in Righteousness to help guide me to some scripture passages, and then we talked about the importance of chicken wings.
Baby chicks stay very close to mama hen, huddling under her chicken wing for protection. If a baby chick wanders away from mama hen and no longer has that protection, it can face danger and death.
God has given our children their own chicken wing to stay under for protection....Mommy and Daddy. If a child stays close under their parents authority, they have protection and guidance to help them fight against the devil and their sin nature. If that child chooses to go out from their parents authority and wander out on their own (self-will), they lose that protection and are open to the devil's attack.
Children, stay close under Mommy's wing. I am here to help guide you, and train you in the ways of the Lord. Do not flee from under Mommy's wing and leave yourself vulnerable to Satan's attack.
(**I bought my book For Instruction in Righteousness off of ebay for much cheaper!**)

2 comments:

  1. Oh..... I so do want that book!!!!!!! It looks like it would be a great help to parents, and grandparents who want to correct kids the same way as mommy and daddy do while they are in their care. I love the example stated in the blog. Thank you again for sharing this.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book gives Bible references, but I came up with the analogy for them. The book is very helpful though to guide you to verses and examples! I'll keep my eye open on ebay for you :)

    ReplyDelete