Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Astronomy song

Today we were learning about 2 important people involved in astronomy. I am the type of person that always tries to think of ways to help myself remember certain things. Example: for the Great Lakes I spell 'HOMES' (Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior)......things like that. Sometimes I get really creative and come up with a song...like today. We learned about Nicolas Copernicus who thought that the earth revolved around the sun, while everyone else thought the sun revolved around the earth. Then Galileo came along and proved it further by inventing the telescope. I wanted the kids to remember this so I sat and came up with this little song....the kids loved it :)
Nicolas Copernicus
a smart man we have found
He thought the sun stayed in one spot
while earth did go around.
Galileo, he believed
and sought to prove him right
He built a telescope to see
the sky above at night.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea Alissa!!!! Put things to music and it seems easier to learn and stay with you. Oh you are brilliant. What a sweet and very good voice my granddaughter has. Good job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful!!! Our girl did such a great job in singing and you did great with making up the song. Your school year looks like it is going great this year! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete