Thursday, August 26, 2010

Denim skirt

Last night around 10:45pm I had a wee bit of inspiration :) I've been looking for a nice but inexpensive denim skirt for our daughter. She loves wearing dresses/skirts and denim just looks so nice. Alas, I haven't been able to find one. I remember she had asked me what to do with a pair of capris that had 2 big holes in the knees......I told her just to put them back in her drawer for now. Lightbulb!!! Can I transform it into a skirt???
So as always, I hop on youtube and search out how-to videos and voila. "How to turn a pair of jeans into a skirt".......yay!
I absolutely love the results (just not the fact the my sewing machine is now broken. It's been going on the fritz for a little while and I think it finally died )
Here's some pics and we had one happy girl this morning!!
cut above the holes

take apart stitching along seam of inside legs

use the extra pieces of pant leg that were cut off to fill in the gap in the front and on the back


sew


a skirt!!
....and Olivia was born yesterday just after 4pm! Welcome to the family (my 4th niece)

4 comments:

  1. Frugal! I love it!!!
    Welcome baby Olivia!!! Hope her and Mommy rest well tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the skirt,and it looks so cute on her.
    Did you hem it? It's good to be able to get use out of clothes you can't wear anymore. Good job as usual Alissa,and I'm glad she likes it.

    Olivia Nicole,granddaughter number six is doing great. She is home now. We are all very excited here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in the middle of hemming it when my machine broke. I decided just to cut it off and leave it ragged...but it looks fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the skirt! She did look so cute in it last night! That last picture of her is so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete