Friday, August 20, 2010

Teaching creation

We have started our science for the year out of Apologia's Exploring Creation with Astronomy. Our daughter LOVES science, and astronomy is one of her favorites! Day one in science of course covered the six days of creation. Here is an interesting, easy way to teach these six days to your kids.
Divide your paper into 3 different sections.
Section 1 - we draw light/darkness (Day 1).
Section 2 we draw the waters divided, sky/sea (Day 2)
Section 3 we draw dry land/vegetation (Day 3).

Now with red, we go back and add to our pictures.
Section 1 - we draw the stars, sun, moon (Day 4)
Section 2 - we draw the flying and sea creatures (Day 5)
Section 3 - we draw the land animals and Adam/Eve (Day 6)

This makes it easy to keep the days in order!!

7 comments:

  1. That is really neat. I love it! It is easy to teach little ones.
    Thanks for sharing
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...i am doing the same science program this year. i almost chose land animals (day six of creation), but at the last minute, changed my mind to the astronomy!!! i am very excited to try it with everybody together vs each child doing a different science lesson. i am also trying a new language arts program (character quality language arts - CQLA). it looks amazing too. i am just getting organized and hopefully will 'officially' start next week. anyways, thanks for sharing your ideas...thinking of you often!!!
    cheryl charlton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl...I miss you on Facebook. Please keep us up to date with your new little one and life in general. If you don't have my email address, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love it and learn so much!! Glad you are using it! Did you buy the notebook that goes with it or making your own? I bought one for Joshua to try it out and Caleb/Rachel are making their own notebooks. We are on Jupiter next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Letisha, no I didn't get the notebook. I didn't know if it was really needed or not. Do you find it helpful??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I used this with the Sunday School kids today as a review of creation. It was funny that I picked creation this week and then I saw this. They had fun working on it and drawing things to fill in the days although some of the kids were disappointed they couldn't draw five-sided stars. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find it rather busy work. I like the minibooks and the cross word puzzles but otherwise you write your facts out and then write them again in the mininbooks. So, I would pass other found really cheap!

    ReplyDelete