Saturday, September 4, 2010

My week

So what has gone on with me and the family this week.....

Last Saturday we took the family to a really cool tunnel.
"It is 1,617 foot long. Started in 1852 to connect Charleston to Knoxville and eventually on to Cincinnati, the Civil War—and lack of funds—brought construction to a halt. While there were various efforts by the Blue Ridge Railroad to revive the tunnel, none of them came to pass and it stands today as a monument to the efforts of pre-Civil War engineering."
We didn't have a strong enough flashlight so we didn't make it very far before we were in total darkness and had to turn around. We will know for next time!!





Hubby has been wanting to learn to play the guitar. He is not very musically inclined but he has had an interest in the guitar, so we bought one for him and I am very surprised at how determined he has been to sit down every night and practice! He is doing well at learning his notes and finger positions. I, too, have been practicing it and love the strumming aspect. I just need to get my fingers moving faster. We are both enjoying it, but our fingertips are raw :)

I went and got my hair cut....short! I had grown in quite long (hubby's request) but the ends were just so damaged. The kids are still getting used to it :)

We went to a birthday party today. Our son's friend at church is turning 5 and invited her friends (and their families) over for a slip 'n slide, cookout and cake afternoon. The kids had fun being pulled along the slide while Daddy and another man got very out of breath pulling them! I had been wanting to try some royal icing/cookies and thought this was the perfect chance. Along with a fun make-up set for her, I made some special cookies. They were soooo tasty....but alot of work!!





3 comments:

  1. That Stumphouse Tunnel is a really neat place. We often went there when the kids were little. Looks like everyone had fun at the party. It was a beautiful day for it. The cookies look really nice! You did great as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great tunnel! Too bad you couldn't have gone all the way through. Your Dad went on line to see about it. Looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad hubby is enjoying the guitar. Have you been playing the violin lately? Are you back playing at church yet? How is your daughter coming along with her piano lessons? So many questions!
    I would love to see a picture of your hair cut!!!!!! I'm sure it is really nice. Anything like before? Send me pictures PLEASE!
    The party looks like it was a lot of fun. Hubby must have been tired after pulling the kids for a while. The cookies look yummy! I'm sure she loved them.
    Take care love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreeing with your mom! How can you talk about this haircut you got and then not post photos???

    ReplyDelete