Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday fun

We love our Saturdays because Daddy stays home and we can spend some much needed time with him!! So today, Daddy had a surprise in store for us. We were heading to Cincinnati to visit a ...... GROCERY STORE. Ohhh, but this is no regular grocery store!! This is Jungle Jim's!

We didn't know what to expect but when we got there, we loved it!! The place is HUGE. It has aisles for every culture you can think of. We went through the Asian cuisine, German, Indian, Hispanic, Italian, Middle Eastern, Greece, Sweden, England....and I know I have forgotten some. England was done with the theme of Sherwood Forest (Robin Hood and all), Seafood was done with the Gilligan's Island, Asian had the dragon streamers etc..... What fun! When we first walked in, you come to the Olive Pit where they sold every type of olive you can think of. Then the cheese aisles......oh my!!! I didn't know there were soooooo many different types of cheese all over the world (all listed under their country). They even had goat milk, sheep milk and bull milk cheese :) The kids loved the live fish biopond with all sorts of fish and lobster for sale. The hot sauce aisle had a big fire truck, the frozen aisle was done in penguins, and oh the candy section....so much candy!!!....There was a big mechanical soup can that talked, the cereal aisle had the Lucky charms guy, the rabbit and some other character all in a band singing....I could go on. It was such a fun place to go. Here are some pics of the entrance into the store.... (no pictures allowed inside the building)


5 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!! That sounds like some store. We''ll have to make sure we check it out when we come next. Sorry we have missed your calls sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word... did your kids go hysterics? I cannot even imagine a store like that!!! Glad you got to have an adventurous memorable day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alissa
    Bull milk cheese ,is that not streaking it a little??? I don't think I would shop at that store.Or did I read it wrong again.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even catch that!!! hahaha...yes, it said Bull milk cheese....hhhmmm. I'll have to look at it closer next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I consider myself adventurous, however any cheese that's made from a bull..no. I don't think I'm that adventurous;)

    ReplyDelete