Thursday, September 3, 2009

The look!!

You'd think by now I'd be used to 'the look'. It is the look I get when I am asked how much longer till baby arrives. Do I really need to go around with a sign around my neck or posted on my belly saying 'YES! I do get BIG!!!' There are several comments I get with EVERY pregnancy. First of all I get the bug-eyed look as always when I'm asked how much longer. I get big!!! I am just over 5 1/2 months and to some I look like I'm due tomorrow. I get BIG!!! Then there is the comment (with every pregnancy) 'are you sure there's only ONE????' Yes, I'm sure it's only one :) Ultrasounds are very good at determining this. I get BIG!!!!
But I had my first rude comment with this pregnancy. We were at a gas station and the cashier found out this was our 4th child. She replied 'do you know what the problem is?????" At least it wasn't the 'don't you know what causes it' comment, but still. How sad when people view children as problems or burdens or even 4 children as TOO many!
I am just so thankful that my God has seen fit to bless our family with another precious gift. I look forward to finally meeting her and continuing our life as a family of 6. The kids keep asking when baby is going to arrive. With every appointment we go to, our older son asks if I'm bringing the baby home :) I think he is anxious to meet to her!! Everyone has now felt baby kick against their hands and it's fun watching their eyes light up, especially our daughter. I look forward to another month or 2 when we can start guessing the body part....my tummy can make some very weird formations!
The anticipation is exciting! My continued prayer is that all goes well with delivery and for the safety of baby and myself. Our countdown is almost below 100!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Your reply to that lady should have been yes there are too many ignorant people in this world like you LADY.
    Mad Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. May your wife be like a fruitful vine!

    Children are a blessing from the LORD.

    Every good and perfect gift comes from above.

    Mark says you should have said, "Too bad your parents didn't figure that out before YOU were born."

    I'm good with lots of babies too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing what comes out of peoples mouths sometimes!!!They can be very rude and insensitive.I'm glad the kids are getting excited and anxious for her arrival.How nice for them to be at the age where feeling the baby move excites them.I am all for having as many as you feel the Lord desires to bless you with,as long as you are healthy.
    I hope our girls checkup went well today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!!! That was a very rude comment!!!!!! As a "Mom" it makes me upset to think she made that remark to you! I wonder what she would say to the Duggars! Speaking of that, I heard yesterday that they're going to have #19. Children and grandchildren are definitely a blessing from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete