Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pirates

Our son is into pirates right now. He loves reading about them and pretending he is one. We even saw a pirate suit at the store (meant for Halloween) but since we don't celebrate Halloween - just dress up at home - I told him to write it on his Christmas list. (That being the first Christmas gift I have bought :) So we went to the store yesterday to pick up some groceries and all of the sudden he just stopped and started getting really excited. Pulling on my shirt he says "Mommy LOOK!!!! A real pirate!!!!" I turned around to see what he was talking about and I just about died laughing!! It was 2 people dressed up in motorcycle gear (all black leather) and bandana's around their heads. It was quite funny. I tried to explain the situation to him, but he is very convinced he saw a pirate yesterday :)

4 comments:

  1. That is so funny!!! To a kid they could probably look pretty similar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,I agree with Nana.I can just imagine the look on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is hilarious!!! We do the same... buy the dress up suits for home on sale after halloween!

    rcsnickers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew this outfit wasn't going to be around after Halloween. By the time I bought it the rack full of suits was down to 3!! I'll have to look for some sale outfits for the other kids though so they can all pretend together :)

    ReplyDelete