Friday, November 21, 2008

Crockpot Mac n Cheese

Company is coming tonight and a recipe I love to pull out is this one for Mac 'n Cheese. I can't take credit for this one though. I got it from my sister-in-law (not sure where she picked it up from). If you love mac 'n cheese and you have a crockpot, you HAVE to try this!!! It is easy to make and absolutely delicious! Here are the ingredients....

8 oz. Macaroni *cooked and drained
2 tbsp Wesson Oil * (I use olive oil)
3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 large can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups sweet milk (whole or 2%)
2 eggs well beaten
1/2 cup melted margarine or butter
dash of pepper and salt

Spray crock pot with non stick cooking spray. Pour all ingredients in and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Stir completely right before serving.

Remember to use cooked macaroni!! My husband tried to make it once and forgot this step *smile*. I like to actually increase the macaroni to 16 oz and use 4 cups of cheese. You can also experiment with different pasta. We tried the spiral noodles and it turned out well.
As for the rest of the menu, it is shake and bake chicken, scalloped potatoes, corn, broccoli and rolls and finishing off with chocolate pudding pie! Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment