Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I've become a blogger!

I wonder if it is such a good idea to start a blog. Will anyone read it? Will I have anything interesting to say? I have enjoyed reading a selective number of blogs from friends and other interesting women about homeschooling, raising children, life as a mom.....but I ask myself "do I have anything interesting to offer people?" I guess we will find out :-)

I start my blogging journey on the day following America's presidential election. What does God have in store for this nation? I don't know. I don't know what the next 4 years will hold but I do know that all I need to do is rest in God's sovereignty and continue what I have been doing. Raising my children up in the admonition of the Lord, try to be the best wife I can be to my husband, and allow the Lord to continually mold me. Sounds easy enough huh? Oh if it only were.

I look forward to sharing pieces of our life...sometimes crazy, sometimes overwhelming, but always amazing to see how God continues to bless.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Another blog to add to my favorites. :-) I'm sure you'll have fun with it Alissa and I look forward to keeping up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm adding this to my favorites, too. Great work, Alissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Alissa, for being the Godly Mother to our precious GREAT Grandchildren. I'm so glad I came across you playing that piano at Forest City Baptist in the late '90s and gave your e-mail address to Ben. My God did the rest and we are extremely blessed.

    ReplyDelete