Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving - Day 5

When I start thinking of all the things I'm thankful for....the list becomes quite long!  I want to thank the Lord today for supplying ALL my needs.  He has given us a roof over our head, He has provided a job for my husband to pay all our bills, He has always met our financial needs, He provides food for every meal!  There have been many times we've wondered how God was going to meet a need but when it came time it was provided!  How awesome is our God.  He cares so much for me and continually shows me how much He loves me!  
There have been times when I go before the Lord to provide for a need and I feel ashamed for asking because I know I have failed Him in areas of my life.  But our God is not like that.....He doesn't give of Himself as a reward for doing well.  He gives of Himself because He loves me...even when I fail Him!!  That makes me all the more WANT to please Him.  I want to show God love and obedience because He has accepted me for who I am and all my shortcomings....all my sinfulness.  I give God all the glory for everything in my life.  It is only through Him that I can accomplish the things that I do.  
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I hope you have much to be thankful for as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment