Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving - Day 2

Onto my next item of thankfulness. It is not very hard to guess....my family is very precious to me. I thank God for the people that are in my life, the people God hand picked for me to share my life with.
I thank God for my parents who raised me up in a Christian home, who taught me Biblical principles, who love me and continue to help guide me. They are very special people and I thank them for all the love and time they have invested in me so that I have become the person I am today. I thank God for my siblings and the close friendship we have shared even after we have all moved out of the house and started our own lives.
I thank God for the man He brought into my life to be my partner, best friend, and lover. We have quite the story of how we met and dated. He being from the south and me from Canada, it was a LONG distance relationship! We spent many hours talking on the phone and flying back and forth to see each other. It did not take me long to realize this was the man God had in store for me to marry. I have enjoyed my life with him to the utmost and I love thinking about the years ahead for us. As for my children....what a blessing! For anyone who has had difficulty with pregnancies, I'm sure they can relate to the joy of finally holding your precious child in your arms. I am overwhelmed at times when I think of God's goodness to me and how undeserving I am. I thank God for allowing me the privilege of loving, raising, and nurturing our three kids.
I thank God for my Mother and Father-in-law. How special it is to have another set of Godly parents to share life with! And all my extended family on both sides. I have Godly Grandparents who are such a blessing to me, Aunts and Uncles who have given so much of themselves to me while growing up and into adulthood. I am surrounded by such a loving support system and people of wisdom. I thank God for each of you and love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment