Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fire Drill

We were learning about Fire Safety last week and I thought we would do an actually fire drill so the kids know exactly what do to incase there was a fire at home. I put the kids in their beds and then we went through each step together. After a few practice runs, they each got in their bed and Mommy went to her bedroom and pressed the fire alarm. They did a great job and it is something I am going to continue on a regular basis so they don't forget. Many years ago I heard a lady talking about teaching her young child a song about 911. I don't know exactly how her's went so we made one up very similar. If you have children, I highly recommend teaching them about dialing 911 at a young age! There are many stories of 3 and 4 year olds who have saved lives because they knew what to do in an emergency. We had a lot of fun doing our fire drill as well, especially doing it blindfolded (since you never know what could happen during the night). Here is our 911 song!

2 comments:

  1. Larkyn watched the video with me and when it was over she said "Kailey, sing it again." :-) That is a great idea for teaching kids what to do in an emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a real catchy tune that can be easily be remembered. Great job singing, Kailey!

    Mom/Nana

    ReplyDelete