Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mother Daughter Day

We were fortunate enough to have been given some "fun" money to go have a Mother, Daughter day to go shopping and spend some girl time together. We went to a couple stores and purchased some fun things, then finished off our day with a milkshake before coming home to the boys :)
She is getting to the age now where she is full of questions about anything and everything and can come up with some very interesting thoughts! I try to take every opportunity I can to get her to share with me what she is thinking and feeling, and to ask questions about any subject she wants. I want to instill this in her at an early age, so that it becomes natural and comfortable for her to discuss anything with Mommy. Can you imagine what a joy and delight it will be to have this same openness when she has reached her teenage years and beyond.
When I think of my kids growing up from a child to teen to adulthood, it can be a little scary. No matter how much we teach our children about Christ and their need of Him, it comes down to their desire to want that relationship with Him. I can guide, I can arm them with knowledge, I can be an example, but I can't make that decision for them. All I can do as a mother is to get on my knees every night and pray for my children.
The years seem to be going by faster and faster with each passing year. Maybe a sign I am getting older! I often need to remind myself to enjoy these precious moments with my kids while they are young.....to stop and enjoy the giggles, the stories, the make-believe.
We had a fun day together us girls. Hand in hand looking through all the pretty clothes...and finally she spotted some Tinkerbell pajamas. So with our "fun" money she splurged on a few girlie items and we were able to spend some wonderful moments together growing closer as Mommy and daughter.

Her new Tinkerbell pj's

No comments:

Post a Comment