Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving - Day 1

I thought this being Thanksgiving week I would post each day of something I am thankful for. I am going to start with being thankful for the most precious gift given to me in all the world. On November 28 I celebrate my "christian birthday". It is the day I accepted Jesus Christ's free gift of salvation. It is the day I became His child! Because of my sin, I was condemned to hell but Christ went and died on the cross for my sin. Despite the fact that I will never love Him like He loves me, despite the fact that I will never be able to repay Him for His goodness, despite the fact that I fail Him every day....He loves me! He wants me! He wants to have a relationship with me and shower me with His blessings! How can we ever understand and comprehend that kind of love!!! I came to Him as filthy rags and He embraced me and rejoiced that I had become His child. It is an unconditional never ending love, and what a feeling....a comfort....a peace to know that He is my Heavenly Father and He is taking care of me. He is my Savior, my Lord, my King! I am thankful for the assurance that I will live with Him in eternity one day. How exciting that will be and a day I am looking forward to!
What a day that will be
When my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.
-Jim Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment